Menstrual Disorder Treatment in Delhi India
Pre Menstrual Syndrome or PMS is a condition which is characterized by following symptoms:
- Crying spells
- Weight gain
- Depression etc.
It usually starts approximately 7 days before the onset of menses and abruptly ceases with the stopping of menstruation.
Ayurveda believes that menstruation is a catabolic or depleting state and it is important to take physically and emotionally complete rest during this time. This is a time for self introspection and spirituality.
Treatment of PMS/PMDD in Ayurveda
IF VATA is imbalanced in body specially Basti pradesh and the symptoms are predominantly Vataj then one should do -
- Abhyangam with luke warm sesame oil
- Mentally relaxing herbs & Diet- predominantly Sweet, sour, salty.
If the symptoms are predominantly Pittaj then following should be taken care of :
- Cooling dravyas should be taken (ghee, Shatavari).
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Abhyanagam with coconut oil and ghee
- In Diet, Bitter, sweet and astringent products should be used.
If the symptoms are predominantly Kaphaj:
- Warming but lightening food should be taken.
- Drying with pungent herbs, food Activity, physical and intellectual
- Pungent and astringent taste products should be used like Ashwagandha
- Dry massage with herbal powders.
It should be treated instantly because it can substantially increase the intensity of the PMS symptoms.
is treated with -
- Abhyangam with Nirgundi or Mahanarayan tailam
- Svedanam (steam)- 2 weeks before the onset of period,
- Yoga postures should be practised like: Camel, cobra, cow
- Pawanamuktasanas (pelvic rest postures)
- Nadi shodana
- Anuloma viloma.
is the best treated with:
- Abhyangam with coconut oil or sunflower oil
- Baking soda bath is good during painful periods.
- Following the period, Virechana should be given with one tea spoon full of Bhumyamlaki at bedtime.
- Shitali pranayama
- Yoga postures like Boat, bow and bridge poses should be practised
is best treated with:
- Snehanam with Vishagarbha tailam
- Ushna herbs like Trikatu and Chitrak should be taken.
- Chitrakadi tailam is very effective
- Ruksha swedanam with ginger paste
- Drav svedanam with ginger bath
- Yogasanas like lotus, lion, spinal twists should be practised.
- Bhastrika and Kapalbhati Pranayamas are advised.