Insomnia Treatment in Delhi India
Getting sufficient hours of sleep each day is crucial in maintaining the body’s proper function. When you don’t get enough sleep, you tend to lose focus and have poor concentration. You easily lose your temper and develop poor judgment. As you get less and less sleep, your immune system suffers and you become more susceptible to infection and illness.
The Asha Ayurveda centre is the one place for Sleep disorders where it is treated with medicines and Panchkarma treatment (Shirodhara) and latest devices for Sleep Treatment of Modern Sciences.
The most common types of Sleep Disorders are
- Insomnia - difficulty in sleeping or in getting a sound sleep.
- Sleep Apnea – there is interruption in breathing during sleep with symptoms like Snoring, Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS), Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Central Sleep Apnea etc.
- Restless Leg Syndrome – patient feels tingling or pricking sensation in the legs.
- Narcolepsy - sleep attacks in day time.
- Parasomnias - Nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking, sleep talking, head banging, wetting bed and grinding teeth etc are some kinds of sleep issues which are called Parasomnias.
- Shift Work & Circardian Rhythm Disorders.
- Kleine Levine Sindrome & Other Hypersomnias (Excessive Sleepiness)
Ayurveda regards Sleep as one of the three pillers of natural wellness and longitivity (other two are diet and exercise). Imbalance of vata dosha causes insomnia. Thus, for balancing Vata dosha and restoring sleep, Ayurveda recommends nourishing and heavy diet like Ghee, milk, jaggary, milk products, sugarcane juice etc.
Ayurvedic treatment for Insomnia are:
Basti, Shirodhara and Nasyam are best panchkarma treatment procedures for Insomnia or disturbed sleep.
Basti is also known as ardha chikitsa. Vata sthan is pakvashya. Basti regulates and normalizes the vata and thus enhance the normal sleep pattern. Also in old age, patient complain of tinnitus along with disturbed sleep. In such cases Karna Puran is also done at our centre and it has great effect on the patient.
Another reason of insomnia, disturbed sleep is stress and depression now a days.
In such cases, Shirodhara itself work as a wholesome treatment. Also, Netra Tarpan is given at advanced stage patients.
It is given for hormonal balance and to control stress. It also helps to trigger the sesory receptors in the brain resulting in great treatment.
We at Aasha Ayurveda have treated lots of patients of depression, Disturbed sleep, insomnia with the correct choice of above mentioned therapies along with our herbal medicines like medhya dravyas.
Natural remedies for Insomnia or disturbed sleep are-
If you are fed up of having anti depressents, sleeping pills, then Aasha Ayurveda is your destination. Contact: Dr Chanchal Sharma- 9654432828
- One of the simplest and most effective ways to induce sleep is to rub some oil on the scalp and the soles of the feet before going to bed. Use sesame oil, brahmi oil, jasmine oil, or coconut oil and massage gently for a few minutes. Slightly warming the oil before applying is helpful.
- Drink a cup of warm almond milk before going to bed. You can drink plain milk if you prefer, but adding a pinch of nutmeg (1/8 tsp) and cardamom will make it more delicious as well as more effective.
- Have a vata-pacifying dinner: include foods that are warm, moist, and grounding. Avoid eating dry or raw foods, and drinking ice-cold beverages.
- Set a daily routine and bedtime ritual schedule for yourself
- Give yourself a positive affirmation, let go of the negative ‘I can’t sleep’. Positive affirmations to try: I sleep like a baby, I sleep well, my sleep is restful and nourishing to my body.
- Chamomile tea is caffeine free and is a traditional remedy for insomnia.
- Valerian root is great to relieve stress and induce relaxation. It is available in tea or drops form at most health foods stores.