- Piles (Haemorrhoids)
- Anal Abscess
- Anal Fistula
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Warts
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Functional Disorders
- Rectal prolapsed
- Fecal Incontinence
Procedures and Treatments:
Ksharsutra Therapy :
The phrase ksharasutra is from Sanskrit. The word Kshara refers to anything that is corrosive or caustic; Sutra means a thread. It was first mentioned by Sage Sushrutha,”Father of Surgery” to treat sinus (nadivrana). It is an effective Ayurvedic management of anorectal diseases like piles, fissure-in-ano and fistula-in-ano. Ksharasutra is a Seton thread coated with organic alkalies namely;
- Alkaline ash of Achyranthus aspera
- Powder of Curcuma longa
- Milk of Euphorbia nerifolia
The mechanical action of the thread and the chemical action of the drugs coated collectively do the work .They combinly exert a powerful debridement effect and induce healing by the fresh and healthy granulation tissues. The thread is the drug delivery mechanism. This treatment is validated by “Central Council for research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, India and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)”
- The procedure is non-invasive and safest amongst currently available procedures.
- Minimal chances of infection than conventional therapy.
- Extremely low rate of recurrence.
- The procedure does not require hospitalization more than 4 to 5 hours.
- No painful dressings required.
- The drugs coated on the kshara sutra are slowly and gradually released leaving no abscess overseen.
- One can perform his/her routine activities within 12-24 hours.
- Normal anatomical structures are regained very quickly after the completion of treatment; does not damage any anatomical structures permanently.